New Volkswagen Vehicles for Sale in Maryland | MD
An Iconic 2016 Lineup
The biggest topic of 2016 when it comes to vehicles has been telematics systems and phone app integration. The new Volkswagen vehicles for sale in Maryland now come standard with touchscreen infotainment systems1, which we at Pohanka Automotive Group think you need to take a look at. Let’s break down Volkswagen’s 2016 lineup and really take a look at what makes this German-engineered brand great.
The Volkswagen Jetta, the compact sedan, has been given a solid pep talk for the 2016 lineup and now comes with a spirited 1.4-liter 4-cylinder engine that rates at 150 horsepower and 184 lbs.-ft. of torque. Opting for the Jetta 1.8T gets you something special because it’s powered by a 1.8-liter 4-cylinder that’s good for 170 horsepower and 184 lbs.-ft. of torque. It has the ability to go from 0 to 60 MPH in an astounding 7.4 seconds, which Edmunds.com editors say is the fasted recorded time they’ve had for a compact sedan2. The Jetta is more than quick, though, it’s very efficient. Fuel economy for this compact sedan clocks in at 28/39/32 MPG city/hwy/combined3, making that trip to Hippodrome Theatre an easy decision. The Jetta really is the best of both worlds.
There’s plenty more to see when it comes to our new Volkswagen vehicles for sale in Maryland because the VW Golf also received praise for its engine, as well. It accelerated from 0 to 60 MPH in 7.8 seconds4 with its 1.8-liter 4-cylinder engine capable of 170 horsepower and 199 lbs.-ft. of torque, making it one of the fastest in its segment. The fact that it’s an Insurance Institute for Highway Safety Top Safety Pick+ is just icing on the cake.
No review of a VW lineup is complete without talking about the Beetle. The Beetle is the iconic symbol of Volkswagen and forever conjures images of the 1960s during Woodstock. While the Beetle still has that same famous shape, it’s been updated since way back when. It shares engine options with the Jetta GLI and the Golf GTI, as well as a host of other tech features we all crave, like a panoramic sunroof, a Blind Spot Warning System4, Car-net®5 smartphone integration, a Fender® premium audio system, and SiriusXM® Travel LinkTM6. Government crash tests awarded the Beetle coupe 5 out of 5 stars and the Insurance Institute for Highway safety agreed, giving the Beetle its top rating of “good” overall.
With all of the amazing information about the new Volkswagen vehicles for sale in Maryland, why not come down to Pohanka Automotive Group and take a look for yourself? Our friendly staff has vehicles ready for you to test drive!
1. Excluding the short production run Eos and the Touareg.
2. Information courtesy of Edmunds.com.
3. 28 city/39 highway/32 combined mpg (2016 Jetta 1.4L TSI, automatic transmission). EPA estimates. Your mileage will vary and depends on several factors, including your driving habits and vehicle condition.
4. Driver Assistance features are not a substitute for attentive driving. See Owner’s Manual for further details and important limitations.
5. Always pay attention to the road, and do not drive while distracted. App-Connect features require compatible device, operating system, and mobile app. Standard text and data usage rates apply. See mobile app provider for terms and privacy.